SWAN NECK TOWBARS:
Towbar Fitting in Lowestoft, East Anglia
Detachable Swan Neck Towbar
Mainly used in the rest of Europe and slimmer than a flange bar this style was the first to offer a detachable version. Cycle carriers are
available for this type of bar but you cannot tow at the same time.
- Towball is removed when not in use preserving 'shins'
- Unrestricted access to the boot
- AL-KO and other friction type stabilisers can be fitted
- Won't trigger reversing sensors when not towing
Fixed Swan Neck Towbar
Mainly used outside the UK and the least flexible design as no additional accessories can be used. Cycle carriers are available for this type of
bar but you cannot tow at the same time.
- Compatible with AL-KO stabilisers
- Less likely to trigger reversing sensors
- Slightly more expensive than the flange towbar
- Cannot be fitted with a bumper shield
Lowestoft Towbar Centre